Select “Topics” under “Power BI”, then click the “Add” button in the toolbar to add a topic.
Provide details of the topic in the dialog that opens.
( 1 ) Name: Choose a name for the topic.
( 2 ) Push URL: Paste the Power BI “Push URL” for the targetted streaming dataset.
( 3 ) Click the “Add” button to add the topic.
The added topic will now be listed under “Topics”.
You can change the following topic settings:
- The name of the topic.
- Send ‘sample_datetime’ timestamps
- If ticked then an additional ‘sample_datetime’ timestamp is sent to Power BI as part of the dataset. The timestamp refers to the time when UA Office Link has received data from the respective input connector.
- Send tag value timestamps with suffix ‘_t’
- If ticked then additional timestamps are sent to Power BI for each tag value. These timestamps are provided by the respective input connector. For example, the OPC UA Connector receives these timestamps from OPC UA servers. The name of the timestamp is constructed from the tag name with text ‘_t’ appended. A tag named “Tag1” would have a timestamp field called “Tag1_t”.
- Send tag value status with suffix ‘_s’
- If ticked then additional status codes are sent to Power BI for each tag value. The status code is a numeric value corresponding to the OPC UA definition of status code; a status code of zero means that the tag value is of “good” quality. The name of the status field is derived from the tag name with text ‘_s’ appended. A tag named “Tag1” would have a status field called “Tag1_s”.
You cannot change the Push URL in the topic settings. Use “Reassign” to change the Push URL.
Use “Reassign” to change the “Push URL” for the Power BI stream dataset. To “Reassign”, right-click on the topic (in the example, “Dataset1”) and select “Reassign” from the popup menu. You can also click on “Topics” under the Power BI connector node, select a topic in the content panel, and then click on the “Reassign” toolbar button.
Paste the new Push URL, then click on the “Reassign” button to commit new settings.
Remove topics by selecting “Topics” in the navigation panel, then select one or more topics to remove in the content panel, and finally click on the “Remove” toolbar button to remove selected topics.
Note that topics are also removed from any task using the topics.