After installation, the Excel Connector appears as “Excel” in the UA Office Link main application.
The connector’s Real-Time-Data Server sends live values to Microsoft Excel and provides various options as shown in the image above.
Real-time data flow may be paused to retain the last values within spreadsheets referencing the RTD server. To pause the data flow, tick the “Pause live value updates” box; untick the box to resume updates.
The following data format options are available for copied live values:
- Include Header information for the options below
- Connector Name
- Include the name of the connector that sends the live values
- Topic Name
- Include the topic name that contains the live values
- Tag Name
- Include the tag name of the live value
- Tag Timestsamp (local time)
- Include a timestamp in local time for the live value
- Tag Timestamp (UTC)
- Include a timestamp in UTC for the live value
- Tag Status
- Include a numerical value that describes the quality of the live value. This is aligned with status codes defined for OPC UA. A zero value indicates a good quality.
- Tag Status Text
- Include a human readable translation of the tag status code (for example, “Good” for values of good quality).